On February 24th, 2011, JRF signed an agreement with the Arab Bank to enhance existing revolving loans and create new ones for beneficiaries in Ma’an and Zarqa for an 18 month period. The overall goal of the project is to facilitate access to finance and promote economic opportunities and entrepreneurship among local communities and youth.
In line with the Project’s strategy, JRF granted revolving loans portfolios to eight CBOs in the target governorates; three of which focus on youth.
The following four CBOs located in the Ma’an governorate benefited from the Project:
- Al Hashmiya Women’s Charitable Society
- Tal Burma Cooperative
- Al Husaynieh Sports Club
- Al Mreigha Ladies Cooperative
The total number of beneficiaries under the Project in Ma’an is 60, of which 29 are youth.
- The following four CBOs located in the Zarqa governorate benefited from the Project:
- Reayet Shoun al Osra Charitable Society
- Khawla Bent al Azwwar for Woman Empowerment
- Al Hashmiya District Cooperative
- Um Al Selih Charitable Society
The total number of beneficiaries under the Project is 71, of which 34 are youth.
The total percentage of youth who benefitted from the Project is 48%.